We all know that the way you parent will have lasting effects on your children for years to come. And children learn best by watching adults.
Creating a family environment where children thrive emotionally, physically, and spiritually takes work and intentionality. But historically, mothers have taken on the brunt of this work while fathers have spent most of their time at the office with little effort spent on parenting.
Think about the classic tv series from the 60s. Dad goes to work and occasionally
throws a baseball to TJ on a Saturday afternoon (and pats himself on the back for being
a great dad). Mom stays home and cleans, cooks, keeps the house, and essentially
raises the children.
Dads play a crucial role in the life of their families
Over the last few decades, dads have stepped up, realizing that their role as a parent is
equally important as their partner. As a result, statistics show that dads play a fundamental role in their children’s lives, helping them develop in ways they would not
have without paternal support.
Research at the University of Texas indicates that children who grow up with involved
dads are 2x more likely to find a stable job after high school. And a 2017 US Census
statistic shows that children who grow up with an absent father are twice as likely to be
obese than children who grow up with involved fathers.
This proves what we already know. Dads play a crucial role in developing healthy
Steps you can take to create a healthy family
But many of us are not taught how to effectively nurture our children, helping them grow
into strong, capable human beings.
And we’re left scratching our heads, trying to figure out what steps we need to take to
make sure our kids are on a solid path.
How do you teach your children to value a healthy lifestyle? How do you encourage
them to choose a lifestyle that will help them develop into emotionally and physically
If you’re a dad wondering how you can create a healthy family environment where your
kids excel, here are 10 ways to start.
In this series, we’ll give you the resources you need to start encouraging health in your
family’s life. Each of these steps gives you helpful pointers as you create an intentional
lifestyle centered around your family’s health.
10 ways to encourage health in the life of your family
- Teach your kids how to practice gratitude with these few simple tips
- 3 creative ways to get your kids to drink more water
- How to help your kids create healthy sleeping habits
- 5 ways your family can enjoy a healthy lifestyle on a budget
- How to get your kids excited about healthy eating
- Family workouts that will get your kids motivated about exercise
- How to inspire picky eaters to eat their greens
- How to introduce spiritual health to your kids
- 3 strategies to teach emotional health to your kids
- How your family can stay away from junk food while on vacation this summer
At Tolleson Health, my clients are always my number one priority. I get to know each of their stories and work with them to create a roadmap that helps them achieve their health goals.
If this is what you’re looking for, schedule a consult today.
- Dads play a crucial role in the lives of their kids, dads encourage healh in family
- Progressive dads are becoming more intentional about being a strong role model
- 10 ways to teach your kids how to live a healthy lifestyle